I wanted tickets to see Lenny Kravitz in Boston at the Orpheum Theatre on Thursday January 31, 2008. I tried my usual method. First, The Venue through which the concert was being held and then Ticketmaster.

Unfortunately, I had waited until just 5 days before the show. No tickets were available. I decided to google information on tickets to this event. Several sites showed up. Some with fair prices and good seats. I randomly chose ticketsmyway. HUGE mistake.

I entered all pertinent information including my credit card number. I paid $75.00 for each ticket plus an extra $37.00 in processing and fedex fees. At first it seemed pretty legit. I got a confirmation email stating that, if tickets were bought within a week of the event they would be shipped priority in 24 hours. When I still hadn't received them the day before the show I became concerned. I called their 888 number only to wait on hold twice for a half hour each time. Finally, when I spoke to a representative, he said he would check on the matter. After a while the phone call just disconnected.

I called a few hours later and was surprised that somebody actually answered immediately. I spoke with Felicia. She explained to me that there were originally 15 people working in that office, but the owner was having trouble with them so they had all been fired and was in the process of training new staff. She said my tickets were never mailed out but that I should call her in the morning and she would speak to some "guy" who would hopefully have reserved these tickets and we could "work something out".

After 5 failed attempts at reaching them all I heard was a voice recording stating that the "company" was relocating to a different building and would not be accepting phone calls that day. No Lenny tickets. No response. No explanation. They did, however, manage to charge my credit card for this event. Thankfully, my credit card company was able to delete the charge from my account. Not sure if everyone out there is so lucky. Not only was this a frustrating experience but I missed the show as well. I recommend NEVER to use this website for anything. FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD!!

Had an Experience with Ticketsmyway?

Comments